November 6, 2012
I was playing on Tumblr and someone asked me to update the blog! I seriously leaned over on the couch and glanced at Kyle’s screen to see if it was him messing with me (not that he spends any time on his computer doing anything other than finding obscure movie clips and rap videos). And yes, we are currently sitting on my couch, with our Mac Pros on our laps, in jamas, not talking. We’re such a modern couple.
Also, here is proof so no one thinks I’m crazy..and yes, that is a baby in a RUNNING outfit in between the asks. Baaaabies.
Anywaaayyy…I’ve been cooking and baking, but haven’t been good at taking pictures of the things I make, other than with Instagram(dermieee on there). I mostly cook dinner and by that time, there’s no light for good pictures! However, swoony homemade dinners are the best and for like a week I was making brussels sprouts every night because HECK YES FALL FOODS in 90 DEGREE WEATHER.
One night, I was SO close to wearing my AA huge scarf (ya know the ones that you can literally wear like a dress?) to the dinner table because I wanted to pretend it was autumn. The real reason I did not do this is because I thought I might get food in the scarf and that is wickkkkeddd attractive. I’m a lady.
So, here’s some Instagram pictures of what we’ve made and consumed and purchased lately:
Spongebob Blueberry Muffins (with coconut oil and ginger)
At the Golden Road Brewery…fritters (super good, they’re fried so duh), jackfruit tacos (these are Kyle’s),
Southwest Burger (it’s a barley patty!)
Tempeh Burger from Sage in Echo Park…did not like it too much, it was WAY salty and just a huge block of tempeh+vegenaise
Cold Pressed Ground Work coffee from Kind Kreme (which is inside Sage)…this is perfection
When I was in high school my friends and I only ever went out for breakfast foods. At Denny’s, I would always order the Moons over my Hammy without the Hammy..basically, a super cheesy egg sandwich. Kyle used black salt in this and it was amazing. This picture is of his because he used ham but I still got mine without the Hammy.
Kyle made these. Waffles are too American for Mama Diddy, I don’t think we ever had waffles for breakfast growing up. When I told her Kyle made these she was like ‘WAFFLES, FROM..SCRATCH!?’ El oh El, foreigner. Kyle made pumpkin waffles and a caramel apple pecan topping. I didn’t exit my sugar coma for like 5 hours which means I was a happy happy girl.
We used a spring form pan to make a HUGE batch of chilaquiles. This had an entire block of tofu, a can of black beans, a bag of tortilla chips, and a bag of Daiya in it. It was epic.
The best fake chicken nuggets to ever exist. The 365 brand burgers are pretty good too. But these with a ton of Heinz ketchup? Yeaaaaaaah.
So, there’s the food update.
If you were looking for a life update, here it is:
- I am trying to convince Kyle to bring a blonde chihuahua puppy home to me.
- USC is really weird but I like my one class more than the other and am hoping next semester is better. Also, there is a Brooklyn Bagel place on campus that I keep meaning to go to so I can have bagels for breakfast again.
- I still can’t find a place to get my nails done.
- I’m really excited about these pastry tips.
- I cried for like 5 minutes over Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt’s engagement.
- I start working at PETA tomorrow.
- I still really want to be Beyonce. And I want a weave.
- I’m sincerely worried about how it doesn’t feel autumn like here but I’m pretty sure everyone is sick of me saying this.
- I watched a video of my baby niece learning how to clap approximately 58 times. I’m very excited to go to Chicago and see that baby koala bear.
- I sometimes spend a lot of time thinking about the breakfast bowl at the Chicago Diner.